Look ma', its another girl!! (Happy with this one,woo!!)
I could have sworn I posted these up. But if so, well, repost!!
I have achieved goal #1, which ties into goal #3, so yay me!!
1. Okay, so first, I want to finally get a freaking job. That would be awesome. Then I could stop stressing (over money issues, and start stressing over over-working issues!)
2. I want to drop a thread in the Finally Finished section. I am petrified of that place, but I really wanna do it. And not just to get 1 comment and 50 crits, then get my thread moved to the crit section of the boards! I want to actually do a good job.
3. Move to Shanghai. This is a personal goal of course, and not too art related. But I first need that job. I'm sure I can learn a lot about art over there too. I'll just look for the right people (like zhuzhu /drool)
4. Smoke everyone i'm currently on par with. I've always been one to love the feeling of advancement, too bad that feeling has become a faint taste on the back of my tongue. I slowed down soooo much and kind of fell into this stylistic comfort zone, which is probably the worst thing that could have happened to me. Although, it stopped me from jumping TOO much, i've realized that, no matter how I approach my stuff, it always ends up looking like i did it...meaning its my natural style...I don't need to force it. Its just up to me how far I want to take it or if I want to limit myself, for an extra stylistic look and blah de blah. Im learning that I cant use this 'style' thing as a shortcut to getting out of rendering things that may intimidate me and so on.
About 'smoking people' I'm getting tired of being looked down on by some people who are around my level of work, as if they're somehow better than me. Its strange like that... Its like, the better artists (that I know, or have emailed) have been VERY humble, and very nice in giving me advice, reviews and whatnot. So are some of the artists around my level, but theres also a lot that seem to have this attitude about them. They treat the better artists so nice and respectfully, but then it comes to me, and it's like 'oh, skip that guy' lol. I figure its because i'm in direct competition with them, and anyone who thinks in that competitive way would see me as a threat...so i guess I can kind of understand, but forget that crap. I want to surpass them, and when they need me later, we'll see what happens. Depending on if i'm still Man-PMSing or not, lol.
5. I plan to make it in art. Its as simple as that. I plan to become better, become KNOWN, and get rid of this soft, pathetic attitude i've been tugging around recently. I just need to get my shit back in gear, and I figured by writing this down, it would help motivate me, so lets do this shit. We're gonna see some big things in 2010, I don't have time to waste (my parents patience is running thin, lol).